It’s been a few weeks since we’ve gotten in a “7 Interesting Things I Read This Week” post, so I hope you enjoy this edition! Let me know in the comments which article is your favorite, and feel free to Tweet at me during the week if you have something you think I might want to include in my weekly roundup!
- Here’s Why You’re Always Hungry: If you read only one article this week, I encourage you to make it this one! While I don’t always agree with the opinion that we need to ignore calories completely (it fully depends on the individual’s situation … if someone is severely obese, it is likely that that person will need to decrease caloric intake as well as shift composition of their diet), I love the increasing focus on what we are eating and how it contributes to our health and weight. Eating refined sugar has physiological impact on our cravings for more sugar, which leads us into a dangerous downward spiral. As always, my bottom line comes down to this: focusing on water, vegetables, and whole foods will almost always lead to increased health!
- Faces of Fitness … featuring me! Lora from Crazy Running Girl, who I met at ZOOMA Texas a few months ago, was kind enough to feature me on her Faces of Fitness series, where she’s highlighting “50 of the greatest health and fitness influencers on the web” this year (wow, I’m blushing just typing that!). Head over to check out a bit about me, and then browse through her other Faces of Fitness!
- 8-Minute (or 24-Minute) Full-Body Tabata Workout: I don’t usually highlight my own posts, but I got wind of a special follow-up offer that I wanted to share with you! Not only did I share this butt-kicking workout with you in Wednesday’s post, but I also reviewed Fit Plus Wear compression capris. If you were interested and want to try them out, use discount code 2HE90CGR5Y4U for 20% off any clothing item! Let me know if you try the pants, and of course, let me know if you try the workout!
- 5 Yoga Poses to Relieve Work-Induced Stiffness: If I’m not conscious about improving my posture at the computer, I often let my shoulders roll forward or scrunch up, which leads to neck pain and headaches (and even landed me in an MRI brain scan once, since no one could figure out why I was developing migraines and spots in my eyes!). If you spend a lot of time at the computer, check out these poses to help relieve stiffness!
- 52 Healthier Versions of Late-Night Snacks: OK, some of these may not be the healthiest choices in the world, but if you find yourself with an unshakeable late-night craving, this article may help you find some healthier alternatives! Of course, you could always go for some (Not So) Sinfully Delicious Apple Nachos – a great late-night sweet snack!
- Do You Really Know What Food Labels Mean? We’ve talked several times about misleading food labels (and Michael pointed out on this post that “natural” labeling can sometimes be stretched too far), and this post gives a quick run-down of some of the more common health-oriented labels. Which ones surprise you?
- 9 Habits of People With A Healthy Relationship to Exercise: I admit that I sometimes find it difficult to take a rest day, even when I know how important it is for my body (and I make myself do it anyway). I love the points that those with healthy relationships with exercise do it on their own terms, mix it up (I talk about the importance of that in this post!), and do it for the mental benefits – so critical! By the way, I found this link via another blogger’s weekly roundup, and unfortunately, I can’t remember who it was, so feel free to call yourself out and I’ll give you credit!
So tell me in the comments … Which article was your favorite? What was your best workout this weekend? (By the way, if you’re not a fan of The Lyons’ Share on Facebook, you may have missed out on the flash giveaway I did there yesterday for people who shared their own workouts. Follow along for other fun updates like this!)