It Doesn’t Have to Be That Complicated … Testimonials
When most people come to me for nutrition help, they expect that “the answer” is some elaborate and complicated diet, and they brace themselves for a restrictive lifestyle, feeling hungry all the time, or eating flavorless food that they don’t like. They’re often really surprised to hear that my philosophy is quite the opposite!! For Motivation Monday today, I want to try to convince you that healthy living doesn’t have to be all that complicated. Instead, it’s all about finding what works for you, making a few healthy changes, and staying motivated to nourish your body the best way possible.
I believe that healthy living doesn’t have to be all that complicated. Sure, it does require advanced thought, planning, education, and focus. Plus, change is always hard … it’s much easier to continue doing what you’ve always done. Of course, then you’ll get the results you’ve always gotten.(picture source)
So if it’s not so complicated, what is the answer? I believe that water, vegetables, exercise, and balance will benefit everyone. I believe in celebrating each accomplishment, and focusing on the fact that every day, you’re one step ahead of where you were yesterday. Unfortunately, though, I can’t give “the one single best solution” to every person who is reading this. That’s the value of a personalized, one-on-one health coaching program. (picture source)
To show you that this approach works, I want to share with you a few of the results my clients have experienced in the past few months since I opened my business. It’s only been a few months, so many of my clients are still in the depth of their transformations. However, for those clients who have already finished working with me, along with those who completed the Spring Reset yesterday, the results have been inspiring! Enjoy these health coaching testimonials!
- Mindset shifts: Upon finishing a health coaching program, one client said “This is the best mindset about food I’ve ever had in my adult life.”
- Weight loss: One Spring Reset participant lost 7 pounds in 10 days, and said: “I feel great, too. I just feel healthier. I had about 20 pounds I would like to get rid of, and I know they won’t all come off that easily. But it does show how much junk my body was holding on to. Spring Reset is helping me break that vicious cycle. For now, I’m just happy my pants aren’t so tight any more!”
- Reduced cravings: Another Spring Reset participant said, “2 lbs gone and where are my cravings for sugar at 4pm???????? Hmmm I think I like this Spring Reset! Megan, seriously, I am not dieting or eating kale stuff BUT I am eating so many more veggies … I always sabotage myself, but this time I’m not dieting and I feel so good so it’s easy! Thank you!” (Note from Megan: I love kale! But I would never force my clients to eat it!)
- Awareness: Yet another Spring Reset participant said this: “I am more determined now than ever! The best thing the Spring Reset taught me was AWARENESS: 1) of what I put in my mouth and why, 2) of what makes me emotionally eat vs. habit vs. hunger, 3) of what foods are healthy for me and why.”
- Increased energy: 3 clients (1 Spring Reset, 2 health coaching) have succeeded in eliminating diet sodas from their daily routine, many clients have commented that they no longer need so many cups of coffee throughout the day because they feel more energized.
- Reduced mindless snacking: One health coaching client said, “I have really mastered having a conversation with myself when I’m about to snack mindlessly. I will allow myself a snack if I am truly hungry, or redirect if I’m not.”
- Empowerment: Another health coaching client said, “Megan’s personalized health coaching gave me the willpower to control my diet and exercise, and helped me stop feeling badly about how I felt and looked. The most important difference is that I can honestly say I like myself more than I did before I started working with Megan.”
I hope that, when you read these, you’ll be inspired to start making changes for yourself, and you’ll let me know if you think you can benefit from one-on-one support. Even if you’re right on track, I would really appreciate you taking a moment to think about someone in your life who needs extra support in order to meet their goals and feel great about themselves. Please feel free to shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fill out a request form for a free initial consultation, where we can have a risk-free discussion about your history, your goals, and how I might be able to help you accomplish these goals.
Regardless of whether or not you need a health coach, please remember one thing today … it doesn’t have to be all that complicated. You CAN do it, and you CAN feel amazing about yourself! Just listen to your body, do what you can, and celebrate each accomplishment.
So tell me in the comments … What is one thing about living a healthy lifestyle that is surprisingly not complicated? Do you think living healthily is complicated or simple?