Happy Motivation Monday!  Today, I bring you Part 2 of my client testimonials, in another less-than-2-minute video!  (If you missed Part 1 on Thursday, you’ll find it here!)  Hear the biggest changes in a few of my clients’ minds and bodies since they began working with me as a Health Coach, and then let’s talk about how to make YOUR health a positive experience, rather than a relentless burden.

If you’ve always thought of your health as something stressful that you had to control (or that controlled you!), shifting your mindset to make it a positive experience may be challenging at first.  However, I encourage you to take steps toward positivity in any way you can – you’ll feel a weight lifted off of your shoulders, and likely experience better results, as well.

You can start by celebrating each success.  Regardless of how far your ultimate goal seems, celebrate when you complete a workout, eat a healthy meal, drink plenty of water during the day, or reach another short-term goal.  You can even celebrate the fact that you’re mentally ready to take on the challenge of improving your health – that’s a huge commitment to make!  You can read more about this concept here.

In addition, start focusing on your health as a gift, and being grateful for the health that you DO have, rather than focusing on what you’re striving to achieve.  Maybe you need to lose a significant amount of weight, but you can still be grateful for the fact that you wake up each morning, are able to move throughout your day, and have the physical capability to exercise.  Regardless of where you currently are on your journey, there’s always something to be grateful for. health is the greatest gift(picture source)

Of course, if you need help shifting your perspective and making your health journey a positive one rather than a relentless burden, I’d always love to talk to you about my Health Coaching programs.  See this page for more information, and to sign up for your initial health consultation!

**It should go without saying that I did not script this video, tell my clients what to say, or encourage them to be anything but truthful. I did not know any of these clients before they hired me, and did not compensate them for participating in this!**

So tell me in the comments … What do you do to make your health a positive experience?

1. I think of my health as a gift everyday! Thanks for the reminder 🙂
    Deborah Brooks @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…Grilled Eggplant ParmeseanMy Profile

2. Susie @ SuzLyfe on August 18, 2014 at 9:09 am

I just don’t know why you wouldn’t want to do something to make yourself healthier and happier. What is the point of making yourself miserable?
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Get Back in the Kitchen #MIMMMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on August 24, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Couldn’t agree more, Suz, but sometimes we don’t even realize we’re doing things to make ourselves miserable!

• pou hack coins on April 24, 2017 at 12:38 pm

This unique blog is obviously awesome additionally factual. I have picked many helpful things out of this source. I’d love to come back every once in a while. Thanks a bunch!

3. GiGi Eats on August 19, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I am just a happy person, and I truly believe it stems from eating a healthy diet, sleeping, exercising and just having a phenomenal support system! All of this makes my health a positive experience!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Enjoy These Bananas on a HammockMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on August 24, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Gigi! Keep up the good work!

4. Friday Finds 8-22-14 | Former Fitness Flunky on August 22, 2014 at 9:13 am

[…] Health as a Positive Experience, not a Relentless Burden A good reminder that the journey of trying to be healthy shouldn’t cause you strife. […]

5. Bre & Ree on August 22, 2014 at 10:58 am

These are fantastic tips, thanks so much for sharing! I like to focus on the gift of being able to choose how to live my life. Also, I feel positive about my health and living healthy because I have wonderful friends who live similarly. So it’s motivating to know they are out there eating well, exercising, and staying positive like me=)
    ~Bre
    Bre & Ree recently posted…Guest Post: How to Style Harem Pants for a Casual LookMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on August 24, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I LOVE that you feel positive about your health because of those who surround you, Bre! Keep it up!

6. lindsay on August 23, 2014 at 6:31 am

positivity! yes! it breads into good health. LOVE IT
    lindsay recently posted…Easy Prep Gluten Free Meal Ideas and Pantry StaplesMy Profile