If you got an Instant Pot over the holidays, this is your post! I’ve gotten several messages on Instagram asking for my favorite Instant Pot recipes, so I’ve rounded them all up here for you.
Several years ago, I made a video saying that I didn’t love my Instant Pot, and preferred the crockpot. While my crockpot will always have a place in my heart (and here are my 20 favorite slow cooker recipes!), I think I was off my rocker – now I LOVE the Instant Pot for speed and convenience. Truth be told, I use my Instant Pot almost every week, winter or summer. It’s a great tool to make meal planning and food prep easy (and if you’re looking for more guidance on meal planning, check out my Meal Planning Mastery Webinar!). The one I have is this one, and I love it!
Top 20 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Bone broth. The recipe that everyone is scared of, but no one knows how to make. Let me tell you – it’s nearly impossible to mess up! Here’s how I do it: I buy frozen, whole, antibiotic-free and organic from Butcher Box (here’s a discount). I place the entire chicken with ½ cup water and seasonings in the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 75 minutes. Even from frozen, this cooks the entire chicken through. Once it has released pressure and cooled, I remove the chicken meat that I want to eat, and throw everything else (bones, skin, everything!) back in the Instant Pot. I fill it with water, and add flavorings (onions, carrots, or celery if I have them, but definitely a few tablespoons of minced garlic, and a hefty serving of seasoning salt or plain salt and pepper. If I’m feeling fancy, I may do some rosemary, thyme, oregano, turmeric, or chili powder). It is very important not to skip this part: add 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar, which helps the collagen release and gives bone broth the gelatinous texture that means you’re getting all the good stuff when you drink it! I bring the pressure back up in the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 120 more minutes. Then, strain everything, and keep the broth in sealed mason jars to sip on or use in soup. I also freeze batches all the time, and my dogs love to get the extras!
- Chicken soup. This is likely the most common thing I make in my Instant Pot, and there is no recipe! I fill my Instant Pot with about 8 cups of vegetables (celery, carrot, zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus, and / or broccoli slaw are likely my most common, but I truly do use whatever I have on hand or whatever is in season). I add 2 Tbsp. minced garlic, some cubed chicken breast (raw is fine), and 4 cups of broth (my bone broth if I have it, or other high quality boxed broth if not). Sometimes, if I’m looking for extra carbohydrates, I may add lentils, quinoa, or corn (about ¼ cup per serving). Then I pick a flavoring combination. Here are some of my favorites (I also add about 1 Tbsp. salt to each pot, but this is due to personal preference and may be too salty for you):
- A can of diced tomatoes plus 2 tsp. basil and 2 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. cumin
- A packet of healthier taco seasoning, plus a jar of salsa
- 2 tsp. thyme and tsp. rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric and 1 Tbsp. cumin
Once it’s done (about 25 minutes on manual), I portion into individual servings immediately (I usually add enough protein for 5 servings, which for me is about 1 lb. of meat). I store in Tupperwares and look forward to eating through the week!
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Green Curry
- Instant Pot Salmon with Vegetables
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup
- Instant Pot CHicken and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Roll Bowls
- Instant Pot Ginger Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Bolognese (serve over spaghetti squash!)
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Instant Pot Winter Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Flank Steak Taco Salads
Now it’s your turn … Do you have an Instant Pot? What’s your favorite Instant Pot recipe?
Hi! For the chicken soup, how long do you let it cook and on what setting? Thanks!
Oh, great question, Katie! I let it cook for about 25 minutes on manual!
What brand of insta pot do you use? I’m looking to purchase one. Thanks!
Hi Bev! Check out the last sentence of the second paragraph in this post. It has the link there! 🙂