You probably already know about my love of meal planning and food prep – I talk about how much time, money, and stress it saves me each week on Instagram, and my latest program offering is a Meal Planning Bootcamp to give you personalized support in creating meal plans that work for you!
You may also know about my love of savory breakfasts. I talked about it a bit in this 2017 post on refined carbohydrates vs. unrefined carbohydrates in breakfast (and there are 15 recipes already linked in that post!). Most of our breakfasts tend to be laden with sugar (it hides almost everywhere!), and having too much sugar in the morning may spike and crash your blood sugar, setting you up for the blood sugar roller coaster (and more cravings!) the rest of the day. I grew up with sweet breakfasts and used to always describe myself as a sweet vs. savory breakfast person, but once I started eating savory breakfasts, I felt my sugar cravings dramatically reduce (a big deal for a sweet tooth like me!), felt more stabilized energy, and actually started to look forward to them!
This post combines those two loves to bring you my top 10 healthy, savory meal prep breakfasts. Enjoy!
- Turkey Breakfast Casserole. This is likely the most frequent breakfast in my own personal meal prep rotation, because it is so tasty and so easy. I have it down to a science and can have it in the oven in 10 minutes. Eating it always keeps me full, and I love having a serving of veggies in the morning to give me energy right from the start!
- Sweet Potato Brussels Sprout Breakfast Hash. My second most frequent breakfast! I absolutely love the Chinese Five Spice in this recipe, and the balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fat always keeps me full for a long time!
- Crustless Quiche. This comes together with less than 10 minutes of work time, and is so easy to customize based on whatever veggies are in season or in your fridge!
- Sweet Potato Spinach Breakfast Casserole. Similar to my version up above, this one gives you the heartiness of sweet potatoes and the protein punch from sausage and eggs. And there are only 4 ingredients!
- Bacon, Zucchini, and Red Pepper Fritatta. Bacon makes everything taste better, right? This simple frittata is similar to the crustless quiche, and can be customized to your preferences!
- Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Bowl. You may not think of chickpeas as a breakfast item, but if you’re vegan or generally prefer to avoid eggs or meat, it can be hard to find savory breakfasts with enough protein to satiate you! This Breakfast Bowl is full of nutrients, including turmeric, which is a potent anti-inflammatory!
- Bulletproof Breakfast Bowl. Veggies, avocado, and eggs … three of my all-time favorite foods. You can bet I love this breakfast bowl, and it keeps me full for quite a while, despite the fact that I generally halve the eggs and sausage serving!
- Egg-Free Breakfast Casserole. Spaghetti Squash for breakfast is a fantastic idea, and makes this breakfast casserole almost feel like lasagna. The cinnamon offers a very slight sweetness, but keeps your blood sugar stable!
- Herbed Quinoa Breakfast Wraps. Want to make your own healthy breakfast taco? These wraps are actually made from eggs and herbs, and are a fun twist to a casserole or scramble!
- Breakfast Stuffed Peppers. Honestly, I had never even heard of the concept of stuffed peppers until my husband’s parents made them for me at a visit, and I’ve been hooked ever since! Something about eating the vehicle for the food makes it much more fun, am I right?
Liked these and want even more recipes? My Meal Planning Bootcamp comes with 100 Lyons’ Share approved meal prep recipes … check it out here!
Now it’s your turn … What is your favorite meal prep breakfast? Are you a fan of savory breakfasts or sweet?