Today’s post features a few key takeaways from a recent Wellness Your Way podcast interview. Find the full episode here and be sure to subscribe to Wellness Your Way so you don’t miss future episodes!
Guest Bio: Udo Erasmus
Udo Erasmus’ pioneering work in health and wellness started over 40 years ago. As a prominent voice of the Healthy Fats/Oils movement, Udo raised manufacturing standards of food oils, including flax oil. In 1994, he co-founded the Udo’s Choice supplement brand, a global leader in cutting-edge health products specializing in healthy oils, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and greens. Udo is an accomplished author of several books including Fats that Heal Fats that Kill, with 250,000+ copies sold. With an extensive education in Biochemistry and Biology and a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Udo has impacted millions of lives by delivering his fresh message on how to achieve perfect health.
Top Insights from Udo Erasmus’ Interview
- Every year, 98% of the atoms in your body are removed and replaced. Our bodies are constantly turning over. We are made of building blocks from the food we eat, so when something goes wrong in the body, raising your standard of food intake can help remove and replace low-standard molecules with higher-standard molecules. This is called healing.
- More health problems come from damaged oils than any other part of nutrition. Alternatively, more health benefits come from switching from damaged oils to consuming oils with health in mind and giving up the habit of frying.
- If you increase Omega-3s in your diet, you can improve virtually every major degenerative disease or condition of our time. 99% of the population doesn’t get enough Omega-3s for optimal health and it’s the single most widespread nutrient deficiency.
- You should avoid buying oils in plastic. Plastic swells and will leach quickly into the oil. The best bottle to buy oil in is a brown glass bottle.
- Cooking your food in water is the best method. You can add oils to food once it has been removed from heat.
- Research shows that doing a stillness practice can reverse aging. This can also help you discover yourself and bring calmness into your life.
Want to hear the full episode, including which oil is the richest source of Omega-3s, how balancing oil intake can help you have soft, smooth skin, why there is no good oil to fry with, how balancing high-quality oils has changed Udo’s life for the better, what are healthy fats after all, and so much more?
Head over here to catch the full episode with Udo Erasmus.
Now it’s your turn! What is one thing you learned from this interview?