Last week’s interview featured Brandy Edwards, founder of The Self Love Challenge. She delivered tons of value on achieving your health goals while loving yourself and we were thrilled to have her! Check her out at @TheSelfLoveChallenge on Instagram, and contact her at TheSelfLoveChallenge@gmail.com. Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
- We can love ourselves even as we work on ourselves. Continuing to evolve doesn’t mean you don’t have to be kind to yourself now!
- Follow the 80/20 Rule: focus on your health goals 80% of the time, and enjoy life on your terms 20% of the time.
- Retrain your brain to say “treat meal” instead of “cheat meal.” Food is meant to be enjoyed, and the words you use are powerful. Saying “cheat meal” makes you feel unnecessarily guilty.
- Fill ½ of your plate with green vegetables. Eat those first!
- If you struggle with being mindful of what you eat, ask yourself if you would eat some broccoli or an apple right now. If the answer is “no,” you’re probably just eating emotionally, rather than eating out of physical hunger.
- It’s a myth that we have to eat 1200 (or any other low number of) calories to reach your body goals. Fuel your body with plenty of whole foods to keep your energy up!
- If you can only do one thing to improve your health, eat more plants!
- Muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat, it just takes up less space than fat!
- Brandy’s favorite quote: “We are not defined by what happens to us, but what we choose to do about it.
- Her parting value bomb: It’s never too late to start, or to start over!
Don’t forget to join us next week at 10:10am Central Time for another fun and insightful interview!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?