Happy Foodie Friday!
The plan was to share a simple and healthy Butternut Squash Turkey Bake with you today, but we all know what sometimes happens to the best-laid plans (it’ll come soon, don’t worry!). The good news is that I’ve been racking up some wonderful food-related articles to share with you this week, and I’m sure you’ll find them interesting! Enjoy, and happy Friday!
- What really causes heart disease: I love, love, love this article, and shared it on Facebook this week (“Like” The Lyons’ Share Wellness for more information + daily inspiration!). This doctor admits that the traditional American diet – full of processed sugar and the “wrong” fats – is contributing to our declining health.
- 7 Steps to Reverse Acid Reflux: Having never experienced reflux issues myself, I never really realized how common it was until so many of my clients reported struggling with it. Dr. Mark Hyman gives some great information in this video!
- Are you a sugar burner or a fat burner? If you’re one of those people who needs to eat multiple times throughout the day and gets “hangry” quite easily, this one is worth a read. I’ve made a lot of progress in my own ability to be a fat-burner, but I still have room to improve!
- 99 Healthy Crockpot Recipes: You all know that I love my crockpot, and Dr. Axe gives links to 99 delicious-looking recipes here! Check them out and let me know which ones you try!
- What’s a Health Coach? OK, not food-related, but I love this article that describes my job as a health coach very well!
- Healthy Gut Summit: I’m so excited for this Summit, which features a ton of leading experts on a range of digestive issues. You can register to listen to all the talks for FREE, or if you can’t make the given times, the entire Summit is on sale now through Sunday for $47!
**Don’t forget to vote for which 30-Day Challenge sounds best to you! So far, the 30-Day Healthy Habits Challenge is winning, but a few other options are close in the running! When you vote, you can enter your email address to participate for free!*
So tell me in the comments … Which article is your favorite? Any food-related news you’ve read this week?