I have a very simple message for your Motivation Monday today – I’ve loaded you up between my food intolerance recap and the 7 Interesting Things I Read post from yesterday … plus I’ll have another big one for Workout Wednesday, with highlights of my running coaching training this weekend in Minneapolis!

We talk often about making each day the very best it can be.  So much of this is dependent on the attitude with which you approach the day … focusing early and often on making your attitude as positive as possible sets your day up for success.  Some ways that I do this are through writing in my gratitude journal, building others up, exercising to improve my mood, getting (or at least trying to get!) enough sleep, focusing on making mySELF happy, and remembering on the big picture – how much I have going for me, and how little my problems and worries are in the grand scheme of things.

So today … what are YOU going to do to greet this week with energy and joy?

Greet each day with energy and joy - fb 3.24.14

(picture source)

Remember that you need to continuously motivate yourself (and others!) – one compliment, success, lesson learned, or goal-setting session does not last forever … and that’s OK!  The same goes for the reverse … just because yesterday wasn’t your best does NOT mean that today won’t be.  So go out there and make this the best Monday it can possibly be!

recommend motivation daily - fb 3.24.14

(picture source)

PS – Happy milestone Birthday to my older sister, Katie, who is one of The Lyons’ Share’s best recipe testers despite her picky (but super cute!) kids :).

So tell me in the comments …  what are you going to do to great this week with energy and joy?  Anyone have any racing, health, or fitness successes to share from this weekend?  What’s great about YOUR Monday?

1. emma @ be mom strong on March 24, 2014 at 6:54 am

Great reminder! i have my second BUN ON THE OVEN race this weekend (a 10K) so I’m going to try to rest the legs (a little) and race hard Saturday!
    emma @ be mom strong recently posted…Career Addition, Recipes and Workout VideoMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on March 24, 2014 at 11:08 pm

You’re going to rock the race, Emma! Resting before a race is the worst, but it pays off! Good luck!

2. Sara @ LovingOnTheRun on March 24, 2014 at 8:34 am

Great message!! I am trying to do this every day but this stupid head cold I have is really slowing me down. My goal is to simply do the best I can every day and stay positive- these last couple months before we move are tough and I am trying to focus on one small things at a time!
    Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted…Ramblings From An Imperfect RunnerMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on March 24, 2014 at 11:09 pm

So sorry you’re still sick, Sara. You have the right idea by just focusing on one small thing at a time – you’re doing great!

3. Michael Anderson on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 pm

First off – happy birthday to your sister!

Such a wonderful post and thought – it really is important to seek the best in every day. After our crazy weekend, this morning I made sure Lisa and the boys started the week knowing they were loved and the boys knew how proud we were of them.

Have a great day and a great week! 🙂
    Michael Anderson recently posted…Motivation Monday – Stuff to Do In Your 30s, Merrell Preview, and Monday MixtapeMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on March 24, 2014 at 11:10 pm

That’s so great! Once again, an example of you being an awesome dad!

4. Kim on March 24, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I love what you said about focusing early in the day to make your attitude as positive as possible – so true – it has to be a mindset from the start of the day (at least for me!).
    Love the great energy here today!!
    Kim recently posted…Lessons Learned from my Biggest Role ModelMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Thanks so much, Kim! Yep, for me, it’s all about how I start the day … if I start in a funk, it’s often just too hard to come out of it!

5. jill conyers on March 25, 2014 at 4:24 am

I do [almost every single day]! Why not? 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…The Ultimate Coffee Date Link-UpMy Profile

6. Jan @ Sprouts n Squats on March 26, 2014 at 5:17 am

Loved this post! What an awesome reminder that we need to continuously do things to help our attitude. I too keep a gratitude journal but want to take on some of your other habits too 🙂
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…What work travel is really likeMy Profile

• Megan Lyons on March 30, 2014 at 10:44 am

Thanks, Jan! Glad to see you’re already doing a gratitude journal .. little things really add up!