This week’s interview featured Clare Brady: med student and blogger! Clare’s decision to become a medical doctor was inspired by her own health journey, which created a passion for health and wellness. Follow her on Instagram @fittingitallin, and check out her website! http://fitting-it-all-in.com/
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Get rid of your scale. There are lots of better ways to track your health, and it’s often not worth the emotional baggage that comes with the number on the scale!
2. Eat lots of healthy fats. Healthy fats are especially important for women’s bodies, and keep you feeling full!
3. Find some sort of mindfulness practice. This helps to foster longevity of mental health.
4. Clare struggles to maintain a routine. Travel and interviews make it difficult for her to stick to a regular morning routine or eating routine.
5. Clare recognizes that she is in a phase of traveling right now. This is ok, and all she can do is her best! Sometimes we have to adapt to our circumstances.
6. Myth #1: Being skinny means you’re healthy. Many thin people have lots of health issues. You can be healthy at nearly any size!
7. Myth #2: You have to eat less to maintain your weight. Your body likes to maintain homeostasis. It will fluctuate throughout the day, and that’s ok! You don’t have to be too rigid with your eating habits.
8. If you only have one minute for your health, meditate. Count your breaths. If you need a guided meditation, the Headspace app has a one minute guided meditation.
9. Clare’s favorite quote: “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.” -Tony Robbins
10. Final value bomb: Practice your 4-7-8 breath. Breath in for 4 seconds, hold it for 7, and breathe out for 8. This slows the heart rate and helps you to relax!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?