Today’s post features a few key takeaways from a recent Wellness Your Way podcast interview. Find the full episode here and be sure to subscribe to Wellness Your Way so you don’t miss future episodes!
Guest Bio: Maraya Brown
Maraya Brown is a Yale and functional medicine trained women’s health and wellness expert, midwife, mom, keynote speaker, and self-made seven-figure entrepreneur. She loves helping women move from exhausted to energized, balance their hormones, and feel turned on by their life, their lover, and themselves. She provides a more holistic and practical approach to the growing health challenges women face today.
Top Insights from Maraya Brown’s Interview
- We can’t keep putting band-aids on symptoms and ignore what’s under the hood. We must acknowledge that everything is relevant – nutrition, supplementation, mindset, sexuality, trauma release, lifestyle, body movement, medications, etc. Once we look at these things, we can figure out what’s truly going on with our bodies.
- Stress can be real or imagined. We are exposed to different forms of stress on a daily basis – some stress is actual and some we create in our minds. We have to examine how this stress impacts us by compartmentalizing it as either “stress or bless”. The body cannot exist in both at the same time.
- Rectangle breathing is beneficial for the body. Science has shown that if we elongate our exhalation, it sends our body into “rest and digest”. It also sends our subconscious mind into “I’m safe”. You can incorporate this into any part of your day or routine by breathing 4 seconds in, and 8 seconds out. For Megan’s favorite breathing exercises, see this post.
- Make the bookends of the day a priority. The beginning and end of your day should be routine. Make them clear, concise, and consistent. This can go a long way to perpetually help the conscious and unconscious mind go back to recalibrating “I’m safe”.
- Adaptogens help the body better adapt to stress. These include mushrooms and botanicals, such as Lions Mane and Cordyceps. Adaptogens can help with energy and brain fog and can be a great substitute for coffee. For Megan’s take on adaptogens and an explanation of the benefits of her top choices (including those Maraya mentioned and more!), see this post.
- Health is the pillar you cannot neglect. You have two choices – you can choose to pay now or pay later. If you pay later, the cost will be much more grand.
- Self-advocacy goes a long way. Listen to what you’re feeling. If it doesn’t feel normal to you, keep trying no matter what you’ve been told or who you have seen. You deserve to feel spectacular.
Want to hear the full episode, including Maraya’s tips for keeping your body in a “bless” state, why rectangle breathing is beneficial, how to make adaptogen elixirs, why addressing adrenal wellbeing is important for hormone health, and so much more?
- Head over here to catch the full episode with Maraya Brown!
- Download Maraya’s free adaptogen elixirs here!
- Connect with Maraya and learn more here!
Now it’s your turn! What is one thing you learned from this interview?