Today’s post features a few key takeaways from a recent Wellness Your Way podcast interview. Find the full episode here and be sure to subscribe to Wellness Your Way so you don’t miss future episodes!
Guest Bio: Daniel Huerter
Daniel Huerter is the co-founder and CEO of Pure Spectrum CBD. After graduating from the University of Kansas in 2012, Huerter pursued a successful career with a Fortune 500 software company. He quickly gained the trust of high-level clients in the public sector like SMU, Cal Poly, and even The United States Senate. His drive and passion to create something he believed in, helped push him to take the risk and leave that career behind – rolling the dice with a cannabis startup in the early days of the CBD boom. Huerter would become the first person to ever speak about the benefits of CBD for athletes on national television, highlighting the company’s partnership with The CrossFit Games on CBS Sports in 2018. He would continue to help Pure Spectrum grow and achieve history-making milestones, before stepping down as COO in 2019. After co-founding and helping run a hemp distribution company from 2019 to 2021 – Huerter answered the call from his first company – asking him to return and take over as CEO.
Top Insights from Daniel Huerter’s Interview
- The purpose of the endocannabinoid system in the body is homeostasis. It controls and talks to all of the other systems to bring the body back into balance and harmony. Metabolism, pain response, sleep, and circadian rhythm are all controlled by this system.
- The endocannabinoid system gets its name from cannabis, but it’s not all about cannabis. Studies were being done on the effects of THC on the body when this entire system of receptors was discovered. These receptors are active in all parts of your body, whether you’ve ever encountered cannabis or not. In fact, it governs processes like learning and memory, emotional processing, sleep, temperature control, pain control, inflammatory and immune responses, and eating.
- Breast milk contains endocannabinoids. Endocannabinoids are made within the body. Every single human has receptors for endocannabinoids.
- Cannabinoids are not only found in cannabis. They have also been found in Echinacea, black pepper, and many other plants in nature! When found in plants they are called phytocannabinoids.
- CBD affects everyone differently. Some people will not even be affected at all by taking CBD. For those who do experience the benefits of CBD, these can include improved sleep, pain relief, decreased anxiety, reduced cravings, increased feelings of productivity, and more.
- Athletes can experience huge benefits from taking CBD. Benefits can include faster recovery, reduced soreness, better sleep, and neuroprotection.
- There are many ways to get started with CBD if you want to try it out. Everyone will have a different reason for trying CBD, but Daniel recommends topicals for pain relief, tinctures for anxiety relief, or if you just want to see how your body will react, take half a serving of the tincture in the morning and the other half in the evening.
- If you’re buying CBD for the first time, don’t be afraid to ask questions. A quality, reputable company will have actual people who can answer questions. Also, look for recent test results on websites and make sure the company is not making unverified claims. To buy from Pure Spectrum CBD, visit this link, and use code THELYONSSHARE for 25% off!
Want to hear the full episode, including different types of cannabinoids, how eating a Mediterranean diet affects the endocannabinoid system, the benefits of CBD, and so much more?
Head over here to catch the full episode with Daniel Huerter!
Now it’s your turn! What is one thing you learned from this interview? Will you try CBD?