Today’s post features a few key takeaways from a recent Wellness Your Way podcast interview. Find the full episode here and be sure to subscribe to Wellness Your Way so you don’t miss future episodes!
Guest Bio: Leslie Danford
Leslie Danford is a driven and passionate team and business leader combining her personal interests with her formal business training to launch the first scale brand in children’s functional food and beverage, Vitaminis. Previously she served in strategic growth role and general management roles at Softbank-backed OYO Hotels and global spirits company Beam Suntory. She began her career as a Management Consultant at Bain & Company and earned her MBA from Harvard University and BA from the University of Chicago.
Top Insights from Leslie Danford’s Interview
- Having structure is freeing. You have to put boundaries in place and set expectations to avoid being pulled in a million directions.
- Listening to your body is important when it comes to nutrition. Our bodies are smarter than we think. Our bodies send messages about what we need.
- Ask yourself what you need to recharge. Check-in with yourself and be intentional about getting what you need. This can be a hot bath, taking a walk, drinking coffee on the porch alone, yoga, etc. Taking care of yourself helps you show up better for others.
- Give yourself grace if something doesn’t work for you. If you try meditation, journaling, etc. and it doesn’t work for you, it is okay. Listen to yourself and what works for you at this moment. You can always try it again at a later time.
- Mom guilt is real! Remind yourself that you’re human and you cannot do everything perfectly. Be intentional about forgiving yourself and know you’re not alone.
- When it comes to nutrition and kids, being flexible is key. This reduces kid’s feelings of anxiety or pressure around being healthy. Teach the basics, but allow balance.
- Build active opportunities into the daily lives of kids. This helps movement naturally become a part of their routine without having to focus specifically on exercise at younger ages.
Want to hear the full episode, including why the all-or-nothing approach to nutrition doesn’t work, the importance of exercise for stress relief, why it’s essential to give yourself grace, Leslie’s biggest business challenges with her company Vitaminis, and so much more?
Head over here to catch the full episode with Leslie Danford!
Now it’s your turn! What is one thing you learned from this interview?