Today’s post features a few key takeaways from a recent Wellness Your Way podcast interview.
Find the full episode here, and be sure to subscribe to Wellness Your Way so you don’t miss future episodes!
Guest Bio: Mae Steigler
Mae Steigler is the CEO and a member of the Founding Team of Organifi, a health company with a mission to make superfoods tasty and convenient. Mae has played a key role in Organifi making INC. 5000’s fastest growing companies list and being awarded Forbes Great Places to Work more than 4 years in a row, and generating over $200 million in sales. Mae lives in San Diego, California with her husband and loves playing pickleball, paddleboarding, birding, discovering new local coffee shops, and the amazing foodie culture.
Top Insights from Mae’s Interview
- When you want to make change, set yourself and your environment up for success. Leverage the things that are convenient to create consistency. For more on this idea, check out James Clear’s book, “Atomic Habits”.
- Every body is designed to work really well and have abundant energy, to sleep well, get up and move, and life a full life. Our lifestyles, diets, and stress levels impact our bodies’ abilities to do all of this. Adaptogens are a class of botanicals and herbs that allow our bodies to modulate the impact of stress. For more on adaptogens, see this blog post.
- A body experiences “stress” from many sources – an injury, a nutritional deficit, a food intolerance, a lack of sleep, over- or under-eating, over- or under-exercising, and so much more. Any physiological stress creates inflammation.
- Antioxidants are a class of nutrients that inhibit the inflammatory response in the body. Oxidation is the process of our cells aging and experiencing damage, and antixodants buffer this. We can get antioxidants from all kinds of vegetables and fruits, as well as superfoods like goji berries or spirulina. Real food has abundant antioxidants!!
- Organifi contains adaptogens and antioxidants together to get all of the above results, giving benefits like more natural energy, better sleep, less stress, better athletic performance, and more! If you want to try Organifi, you can use code LYONS for a 20% discount at www.organifishop.com. That said, the most important is to get an abundance of consistent nutrition from food all throughout the day!
- Find a way to be active and enjoy it! This can change in different chapters of our lives. Mae currently loves Pickleball!
- Your body will tell you a lot – if you listen! Try giving yourself a simple rating on a 1-5 scale (5 being the best) … how is your digestion? Your sleep? Your energy level?
- We’re under more stress as a society than ever before, from technology and being constantly connected, to pesticides and herbicides in our food, and so much more. Taking care of our bodies and supporting them with nutrients like adaptogens and antioxidants can help offset this.
- Even CEOs of health companies still work on their health! Mae has been working over the past year on rebalancing her relationship with stress (via implementing guardrails and boundaries with work) and rebuild her physical fitness to reach her current goals.
Want to hear the full episode?
Head over here to catch the full episode with Mae Steigler, CEO of Organifi!