This week’s interview featured Martha Palacios: 2019 Dallas Fitness Ambassador and Zumba Instructor! Martha began her fitness career about three years ago, and has accomplished SO much with it! She has so much valuable information to share and sparks so much joy! She gave us some great insight as to how she balances both her marketing career and fitness career. Follow her on Instagram: @fitwithmartha, and her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fitwithmartha/
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Educate yourself. Learning about nutrition from reliable sources can make a huge difference in your life!
2. Eat a nutritious breakfast. It sets the tone for the rest of the day and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for so much longer, which will reduce sugar cravings.
3. Make your goals a habit. When we leave things to chance, chances are they wont happen. “The secret to your future is hidden in your daily routine.”
4. Sometimes Martha struggles to make time to cook on a consistent basis. To get around this, she remembers that she is blessed to have the resources to cook. Having a grateful attitude can be extremely motivating!
5. It can also be helpful to prepare for a busy week by prepping meals in advance!
6. Myth: Zumba is not an effective workout. Dancing incorporates the entire body and is great form of strength training and cardio!
7. Find a form of fitness that you truly enjoy. It will keep you coming back and exercising consistently.
8. If you only have one minute for your health, get up and walk. Grab your water bottle, too!
9. Martha’s favorite quote: “It takes a big person to only take baby steps.” It’s never too late to start something new!
10. Final value bomb: Drop the all or nothing mentality. Eating healthy and exercising consistently doesn’t mean that you can’t slip up here and there! If you decide that your fitness journey isn’t worth it if you aren’t perfect all of the time, you will be missing out!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?