This week’s interview featured Leah Lovelight Michael: Leah helps people to align their thoughts and minds with their bodies, and to find their truths. Follow her on Instagram @leahlovelight and check out her website! http://www.leahmichael.com/
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Don’t eat things that aren’t real! It’s important to align your values with your food.
2. Drink water first thing in the morning. Leah drinks water with lemon!
3. Be intentionally present with yourself. Ask yourself: How am I breathing? How am I sitting? How am I feeling?
4. Leah struggles to keep moving throughout the day. Transitioning from using movement as a form of stress relief, to living in the wilderness where everything feels slow paced was difficult for Leah.
5. Leah doesn’t beat herself up for not getting in as much movement as she would like every day. She looks for opportunities to get exercise the next day. It’s important to forgive yourself!
6. Myth: The outside world has the answers. The truth is, the answers we are really seeking for are already within ourselves!
7. If you only have one minute for your health, breathe intentionally. No matter where you are, you can bring awareness to your breath. Breathing, particularly exhaling, reduces stress.
8. Leah’s favorite quote: “Don’t let your desires be overwhelmed by your fears. Let the barriers we face be on the outside and not the inside. Fortune favors the bold” – Cheryl Samberg.
9. The connection between the mind and body eventually flows through to the soul.
10. Final value bomb: If we listen to the stories we are telling ourselves in our head, and we bring awareness to our body, we may notice tightness or rigidity. As we bring this awareness to our body, we can ask ourselves: How can I support you? This can break the chain of the conversation we are having in our mind and allow us to be more present with our internal state of being.
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?