This week’s interview featured Mac Bain: Musician, Yoga Instructor, and Fitness Professional! Mac shared lots of great tips for maintaining your health, as well as insights he has gained through his own fitness journey. Follow him on Instagram @moving.mindfully!
Here is a recap of the 10 insights he shared:
1. Limit your intake of carbs and sugar as much as possible. Foods like bread and pasta do not serve much purpose in terms of nutritional value!
2. Be consistent and committed. You won’t see the changes you want if you don’t dedicate the time and energy required!
3. Pay attention to your feet. Foot health is strongly correlated to the way your body is able to move. Don’t deprive yourself of the sensory stimulation available through your feet. Walk around barefoot!
4. Your foot is the foundation for your whole body. Strong feet can improve your posture!
5. Mac has trouble finding time to sleep. He is an early morning instructor, and often a late night musician. His responsibilities do not allow much time for rest!
6. To combat this, Mac has to sleep wherever and whenever he can. He gets about 3-4 hours of sleep per night, and then gets another 3-4 hours during the day when he gets a chance to nap!
7. Myth: There is a right and wrong way of doing things in fitness or dieting. You have to find what works for YOU, and what YOU can keep doing consistently!
8. If you only have one minute for your health, get your mind focused. Decide what you need to be doing for yourself, and COMMIT to doing it.
9. Mac’s favorite quote: “Not with that attitude.” (It’s a great response to most “I can’t” statements!)
10. Final value bomb: Keep moving! Movement is strongly correlated to overall health and well-being. Don’t be sedentary. Try to find ways of moving that are out of your comfort zone!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?