This week’s interview featured Megan LaDriere: Intellectual Property Lawyer, Fitness Instructor, and Health Enthusiast! Megan had lots to share about her health journey and experience with balancing health and a busy career. Follow her on Instagram @megla331!
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Figure out something you can do consistently. There are a lot of fitness trends- but what’s really important is finding something that YOU don’t want to miss!
2. Focus on nutrition. Eat more WHOLE foods. There’s a lot of misinformation about “low fat” snacks. Whole foods will keep you satisfied and full!
3. Figure out your emotional relationship with food. When Megan was stressed at work she would turn to food. Once she identified this pattern, she was able to realize that food wasn’t making her feel better!
4. Megan struggles with emotional eating. She tends to eat when she is stressed or bored. As a lawyer, that is often the case! To combat this, Megan’s advice is to do something else! Leave the kitchen, read a book, walk the dog, or go do a handstand.
5. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Sometimes you might come back and still want that chocolate. Sometimes you will realize that you don’t need it!
6. Myth: Lifting weights makes you a body builder. Lift weights! Your body can do it.
7. Don’t make your sole focus being thin! It’s good for your body to be able to lift things, and it will make you feel proud of yourself, too!
8. If you only have one minute for your health, go take a walk around the office (or wherever you are). Getting your blood flowing is helpful for your energy level and focus.
9. Megan’s favorite quote: “It always seems impossible until its done.” -Nelson Mandela
10. Final value bomb: Focus on what you really want to improve. Start with tiny steps, take it slow, and celebrate the small accomplishments along the way!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?