This week’s interview featured Alyssa Wood: Owner of Heartshine Yoga Studio & #PowerfulWomen Advocate! Alyssa is a yoga teacher, certified personal trainer, and mom. She works with women to help them love themselves and find their power! Follow her on Instagram @bubblesvonbonbon!
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Be as present and intentional as possible in your fitness, health, family, and everything you do!
2. In order to get the most out of your health, find fitness practices that you love and truly enjoy!
3. Play the long game. Every choice you make will not make or break your health. If you slip once or twice, it’s ok! You’re in it for the long game.
4. Avoid the all or nothing mentality. Don’t be discouraged by days off, you can always get back into your health habits.
5. Alyssa is human – just like us! She often struggles to get enough sleep. Time that could be dedicated to sleeping is often spent working or being a mom.
6. To combat not getting enough sleep, Alyssa allows herself to be human. Within a few days of her sleep deprivation, she lets herself sleep anytime she is able to!
7. Myth: Yoga is just for flexibility. Yoga is actually great for spinal health, core strength, finding your breath, and your mentality.
8. If you only have one minute for your health, breathe. Focusing on your breath releases toxins and tension. Exhale just as much as you inhale!
9. Alyssa’s favorite quote: “Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Stephen King. This encompasses how you show up to everything in your life.
10. Final value bomb: When you take care of yourself, it better enables you to take care of everyone around you. Self care is never a selfish act!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?