This week’s interview featured Enoch Nadler: founder of Team Florida Track Club, running coach, and Olympic Trials qualifier. He is a motivating and inspiring leader, and had lots to share about his journey as a runner, coach, and healthy human being! Visit the Team Florida Track Club’s website at http://www.teamfloridatrackclub.com/.
Here is a recap of the 10 insights he shared:
1. Drink water!!! Most of us are chronically dehydrated. Measure how much you’re drinking!
2. Remember that fitness and health is not an all or nothing game. Don’t let one small mistake derail you! Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
3. Focus on your breathing. Enoch recommends running without headphones, if possible, to stay more in tune with your breathing.
4. The belief that “in through your nose out through your mouth” breathing is the most effective is a common misconception. Breathing in through your nose actually limits how much air you can take in. When running, breathe in and out through your mouth. Your breath will come in unison with your stride.
5. Enoch struggles to avoid multitasking. When you multitask, your mind is constantly shifting gears. This can make you slower and less productive.
6. To improve productivity, Enoch puts his phone away and focuses on one single task.
7. Myth: You always need to give 110%. This is unsustainable and unrealistic. It is important to find balance in your health, your life, and your fitness. Some days the focus is high intensity, and other days the focus is recovery. Stress + Rest = Growth!
8. If you only have one minute for your health, do a power pose! This is any sort of pose that makes you feel strong. When you have practiced this, you can incorporate it into various areas of your life when you need it.
9. Enoch’s favorite quote: “Keep showing up”. If you continue to show up, progress will be made!
10. Final value bomb: Fake it til you make it! Don’t tell yourself you’re not a runner, or what ever you would like to be. With the right mindset, you will be one before you know it!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?