Happy Workout Wednesday! Before we get into today’s topic, one last plug for the 30-Day Ab Challenge! We have over 40 people on their way to flat, strong cores, a fun community tracking system for accountability, and some great workouts – I barely made it on Day 1! If you haven’t joined in, I’ll still let you in through Friday … all you have to do is sign up for my free monthly newsletter, and I’ll send you instructions within 24 hours. Here is a group of 3 consultants, with their entire team’s tracking sheets posted on the wall in their office … awesome!!!
Why I Chose Focus T25
- Experience: I had tried and liked several other Beachbody workout programs (P90X and TurboJam were among my favorites)
- Time: I wanted something that would allow me to still run when I wanted (even though I’m not following a particular training plan right now), and 25 minutes per day seemed reasonable to do on top of running if / when I wanted.
- Challenge: I wanted something tough – I didn’t want to spend 25 minutes per day and feel like I didn’t get a workout. I was looking for heart-pumping action!
- Full-body workout: I wanted something with a balance of cardio, power, and strength. I believe in mixing up your workouts to maximize your benefits, and while I get enough steady-state cardio from running, I can always improve my overall strength and high-intensity cardio.
- Equipment: I wanted something with no, or minimal equipment.
My Review of Focus T25
I’m happy to say that, after completing the first round of Focus T25 (5 weeks of 6 workouts per week + a stretch day, which I skipped in favor of yoga), I was very impressed! The workouts were TOUGH … I was definitely drenched in sweat and out of breath after almost every workout (my Instagram of my first workout is below).
The Focus T25 calendar asks you to weigh yourself and take measurements every week, and my numerical results were negligible … I stayed the same weight, gained a fraction of an inch in each arm, and lost a fraction of an inch in my waist, but mostly stayed the same. I do believe that this has something to do with starting place, because many people I know personally have reported dramatic decreases in inches overall! More importantly than inch loss (to me), I believe that my fitness dramatically increased … high intensity exercises like tuck jumps were far easier at the end of the 5 weeks than they were at the beginning. Plus, it was fun to have a change in routine! The workouts did get a bit repetitive at the end of 5 weeks, but it was exciting to shake up my routine.
What I’m Going to Do Now
Instead of fully taking on the Beta round (which is 5 weeks of entirely new workout DVDs, also included in the package), I’m experimenting with an awesome, new-to-me, in-person Bootcamp three times per week, so I’m only doing T25 on the off days. But I will definitely be making my way through the Beta round as well … and they’re even more challenging than the Alpha round!!
How You Can Get Your Own Results
**Since this post was written, I’ve decided to no longer make Beachbody a part of my personal business. However, I still believe strongly in the workout programs, and am happy to refer you to other Beachbody coaches who can place orders for you if you’re interested!**
And here’s a quick overview of 7 Beachbody Programs that may be for you!
7 Beachbody Programs to Get You Results
- Focus T25: I’ve already talked about why I like it. Super effective, challenging, fun, high-intensity, 25 minutes per day!
- P90X3: Probably the next on my list to try, since I enjoyed P90X so much and got so much stronger! The now-famous Tony Horton leads you through 16 “extreme Muscle Acceleration” workouts in just 30 minutes per day, with a good mix of resistance, power, cardio, flexibility, and more.
- Shakeology: I’ll be honest, I’ve never actually tried Shakeology myself (since it contains green peas, one of the foods I’m avoiding due to my food intolerances). However, the results that some Shakeology-devotees have experienced are amazing. And while I always believe that whole, real food is always the #1 option, if you’re looking for a pre-made shake, I like this blend of nutrients, protein, and healthy, energy-boosting ingredients. You can check out more information here!
- PiYo: There’s so much buzz about the release of this workout, coming very soon! It’s done by Chalene Johnson, and contains strength and flexibility moves. The 60-day program has 25-45 minute workouts, and promises to deliver long and lean muscles. Let me know if you want me to let you know when it’s released!
- Slim in 6: a lower-impact option that still sculpts and burns fat! 6 weeks, 30 minutes a day.
- RevAbs: a 90-day, ab-focused program, 16 minutes per workout.
- TurboJam: an oldie but a goodie! This one is super fun (and lets you laugh at your own dancing skills a bit, just like my secret to snap out of a bad mood!). It’s kickboxing, dance, sculpting, and more, 20-45 minutes per day.
So tell me in the comments … Have you ever tried any Beachbody programs? What are you doing lately to mix up your workouts?