Over the past few days, I’ve been testing out some meals for The Lyons’ Share Spring Reset (It’s not too late to join us, but it will be soon! We have a great group going, and the motivational support is going to be fantastic!). Here are a few of them … you can see that there is plenty of food, plenty of variety, and a whole lot of green! The Reset isn’t a specific meal plan, and it isn’t overly restrictive … you can make it work for your lifestyle and activity level!
Here’s what is included in the photos (and by the way, I wasn’t planning to share all of them, so excuse the quality!):
- Grilled shrimp and scallops, grilled veggies, and spiraled sweet potato (inspired by The Little Honey Bee!)
- Egg and veggie scramble with salsa, and an adapted Quinoa Breakfast Bar from The Lean Green Bean
- A whole wheat wrap with red pepper hummus, stuffed with the contents of the two bottom bowls – lentils, black beans, and leftover roasted veggies, plus lettuce and avocado. Served with raw veggie sticks on the side.
- A delicious spring salad (keep reading for more info!)
- Chicken Posole Soup (from a college friend-of-a-friend’s blog) with roasted veggies
- A tofu and veggie breakfast scramble, topped with nutritional yeast and avocado
A Taste of Spring: Grapefruit, Beet, and Avocado Salad
The fourth photo is what inspired today’s post. On Monday, I was looking for a light and nutritious recipe that would incorporate several varieties of seasonal produce (avocado, beets, grapefruit, and greens are all seasonal to April!), and I threw this creation together in 10 minutes without a second thought. As soon as I took my first bite, I knew it would be perfect for today’s Foodie Friday, so I had to recreate it in order to share with you. It is fresh, tangy, and flavorful … and it’s one of those rare meals that you finish feeling perfectly satisfied but not overly full. I hope you enjoy my “Taste of Spring: Grapefruit, Avocado, and Beet Salad”!
**Remember, you have until Sunday at midnight to receive 15% off your myMix order … use promo code “LyonsMix15”!**
So tell me in the comments … What is your favorite Spring food? The votes from my newsletter were a tie between asparagus, cauliflower, and mushrooms! What’s your all-time favorite salad topping?