Today represents one very special anniversary, and one fun celebration … with the blog’s first ever GIVEAWAY for you at the bottom of the page!
Three years ago today was unquestionably the best day of my life … I married my best friend, my rock, and the person who understands what I am thinking and feeling even before I do. We were surrounded by an amazing group of family and friends…
…and had more fun than we could have possibly imagined!
OK, enough about ME … now it’s all about YOU!
I have great news. For the one-month anniversary of the blog’s first post (and the first Work Out Wednesday), I want to share a great new find that I first learned about from Daily Garnish. As I have mentioned, I like supplementing my running with strengthening and intensity exercises, and I’m always looking for options that can be done in hotel rooms with minimal equipment. I like workouts that are efficient – leaving you feeling the burn without spending hours slaving away. I also like workouts that are fun and keep me motivated to come back for more. Well, I recently found a solution that meets all of those criteria… Barre3! The Barre3 website says that classes “are designed to transform the body to one of equal balance, strength, and flexibility.” The workouts “create the strength of an athlete with the long, lean, graceful lines of a dancer.” (Sign me up!) Barre3’s website offers the ability to pick from a menu of options like “full body” or “core” and select a 10, 30, 40, or 60 minute workout. They are all streamed online, although Barre3 also has studios in some locations across the country.
I recently tried out Barre3 for 7 days, and I took a variety of classes online. Each one was fun, efficient, and left me feeling sore (in a good way!) the next day. It’s more of a “how-are-my-muscles-quivering-so-much-from-such-tiny-movements” kind of workout (rather than a “I’m-huffing-and-puffing-and-don’t-think-my-lungs-can-take-it” kind of workout), but it works! It’s basically a combination of ballet, yoga, and pilates, and I highly recommend it to those looking for something to mix up their workout routine.
So now, I’m offering one of YOU a chance to try unlimited Barre3 classes online for a month – for free! On Sunday 6/9 at 11:59pm CT, I’ll use random number generator to select one winner, who will receive:
- One free month of Barre3 classes online
- An Oakley prize pack (including a duffel bag, 2 headbands, and a $20 gift certificate), AND
- A $25 iTunes gift card to download some workout tunes!
You can win up to 4 entries to this giveaway by doing any (or all) of the following things:
- Comment on this post (below) telling me one thing you’d like to see on the blog in the future.
- “Like” the Lyons’ Share Wellness on Facebook, then leave ANOTHER comment here saying you liked it (if you don’t comment here to tell me you did it, I will not count your entry)
- Follow @thelyonsshare on Twitter, then leave ANOTHER comment here saying you followed (if you don’t comment here to tell me you did it, I will not count your entry)
- Sign up to receive emails when new blog posts come out (enter your email in the box at the right), or add me to your Feed Reader (like Feedly or Bloglovin’). Leave ANOTHER comment here saying you did this (if you don’t comment here to tell me you did it, I will not count your entry)
(No purchase necessary. I am not being compensated for the Barre3 review and I still have to buy my own subscription, but Barre 3 has generously donated the one month subscription to the winner. I was given the Oakley prize pack at a recent “progression session for enthusiasts).