This week’s interview featured Ruthie Silver: personal trainer, group fitness coach, and nutrition specialist. She helps women look and feel their best through effective training and a positive mindset. You can get in touch with Ruthie on Instagram, Facebook, email, or her program website.
Here is a recap of the 10 insights she shared:
1. Avoid processed food as much as possible. Focus on plants and protein!
2. Lift weights. Make strength training a priority. Lifting is great for your bones, metabolism, and confidence!
3. Prioritize sleep. It translates to every aspect of your life: hormonal health, stress management, and craving control. (Did you see my blog post on 7 ways to improve your sleep naturally?)
4. Ruthie struggles to modify her intake of indulgent foods, and tends to abstain from them for long periods of time before allowing herself to indulge. She prefers to enjoy servings of food she really loves rather than give in to momentary indulgences. Regardless, she indulges guilt-free!
5. Know how you operate! Allow yourself to moderate your intake of foods you enjoy indulging in. You don’t have to cut them out completely!
6. Myth: You need to eat less and exercise more to get the results you want. This is so untrue! Clients often come to Ruthie overtrained and underfed. This is counterproductive for overall health and performance.
7. Starving your body and overexercising will not lead to the body composition results you crave. You need enough calories in your body to fuel effective training. All bodies need recovery time!
8. If you only have one minute to dedicate to your health, drink water. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Step outside for some fresh air if you can!
9. Ruthie’s favorite quote: “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions”. You have the power and responsibility to create the life that you want!
10. Value bomb: Your body hears everything your mind says. Whatever your goal is, you are not fighting against your body. You are on your body’s team. Embrace the mindset that your body needs!
Now it’s your turn…What was your favorite takeaway from this interview? Who would you like to see as a future guest on Lyons’ Share 10/10?