I distinctly remember eating spiralized apples at one of my friend’s houses about 25 years ago (her mom was a Pampered Chef representative, so she had all the fun kitchen tools!), so I know that spiralizers are not new, but the spiralized veggie trend has exploded over the past few years, and for good reason! Spiralizers are getting people to look forward to their vegetables, and enjoy delicious and heathy meals that are mainly vegetables! Now that I can support! This post contains a roundup of some of my favorite spiralizer recipes … be prepared to start craving your veggies!
The cheapest way to get spiralized veggies is to buy a spiralizer and do it yourself. I have this one and like it a lot because it is easy to use and offers different blades for different shapes. Zucchini, squash, and apples are quite easy, but sweet potatoes, beets, and butternut squash are a bit difficult. So, sometimes I buy pre-spiralized veggies. Cece’s Veggie Co. are my favorites!
“Noodles” made out of vegetables (often called “zoodles” for zucchini noodles, or “swoodles” for sweet potato noodles) are automatically healthier than refined white carbohydrates like those found in pasta, since they pack extra nutrients, fiber, and water content, and reduce the insulin-spiking effect of refined carbohydrates. Of course, we still want to make sure that the overall recipe has appropriate macronutrient balance for our needs, and contains other ingredients that are health promoting.
Here are 20 of my favorite spiralizer recipes!
- Vegan Avocado Spinach Pesto Zoodles
- Turkey Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
- Singapore Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Chicken and Shrimp
- Skinny Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- Chicken Picatta with Butternut Squash Noodles
- Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
- Chinese Five Spice Zucchini Noodles with Turkey (note: I eliminate the sugar!)
- Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Crispy Swoodles with Bacon
- One-Pan Shrimp Zoodle Lo Mein
- Simple Zucchini Noodles with Fish
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Spiralized Zucchini and Chicken Pesto
- Cold Sesame Zoodles
- Garlic Basil Chicken with Zoodles
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Fried Egg
- Balsamic Roasted Spiralized Beets with Brussels Sprouts and Hummus Dressing
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon and Broccoli Rabe
- Chicken Fajita Bowls with Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
Week 1 of the #LyonsLoveChallenge is almost in the books, and I have been so impressed by all of your self-love ideas! I’ll be randomly selecting a Week 1 winner tomorrow to win the gift basket of some of my favorite healthy items! If you haven’t joined us yet, it’s not too late! The Week 2 winner will get a spiralizer, an Inspiralized cookbook, and a $25 Whole Foods gift certificate to load up on some healthy foods! Simply perform an act of self-care from now until February 14th, post a picture to Instagram, and tag @thelyonsshare and #LyonsLoveChallenge! See this post for several fun ideas!
Here are a few of the entries from Week 1!
Now it’s your turn … Have you tried spiralized vegetables? What is your favorite kind? Want to share your favorite spiralizer recipes?